Saturday, February 23, 2008

Vibes

I am getting vibes... The ones you know you hate, but you are forced to do something about. The type of vibes that keep your mind wondering all through the night. The ones that keep you occupied even when you have nothing to do. You know what I am talking about... and I have them full swing!

And the reason for the vibes that are pulsating through me like gasoline... It's getting near that time! Time to apply for a job.

Technically I am working right now, a full-time job at that, but it is a temporary placement until May. I gave myself some personal deadlines- and the more and more I look at my calendar, the closer the deadlines are approaching. I have to send out five resume tapes by March 15Th. It may seem like I have a little while until my deadline, but actually it's just a few weeks away!

And the closer it gets the more uneasy I feel. I hated the rejection that I was faced with the last time. It does something to your ego when you just keep hearing NO. And although this time around I am feeling much more confident in my abilities... I have stronger stories, a new tape and am learning everything I need to know about the news business, plus the government, on top of meeting deadlines and digging for stories.

I just have the vibe rumbling in my heart again. And its telling me to get my hard hat on, cause it's not going to be any easier this time around.

1 comment:

toasterface said...

wow ... with a strong background like that, i'm sure you can land the job you're seeking!