Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Arizona Meth Project

My next story is on the horrible drug meth. The Arizona Meth Project is launching a huge campaign to keep meth off the streets and out of the hands of the children in Arizona. When I was reviewing the facts about the drug and how it truly destroys peoples lives... I have to tell you it was devastating. It hit home to me, because one of my best friends from my childhood got mixed up with the drug and it ruined her life. It was very hard to see someone you care about make bad decisions because of an addiction, that she tried many times to kick, but just couldn't. Anyway, next weekend I am going to a meth recovery program, similar to the 12 step program of AA, here in the valley and will get the opportunity to listen to others stories and how the drug impacted them. It will be one story that I think many can benefit from and hopefully pass on to others.

http://arizonamethproject.org

No comments: