Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Secret

I just finished reading The Secret. By now I am sure most of you have heard about it from the one and only Oprah. I actually watched Oprah when she had the authors of The Secret on her show, how it was life changing and blah, blah, blah. Then my iPod broke, I was at the Apple store and I overheard, through the loud music and millions of people, a woman next to me talking about The Secret and how the Apple technician helping her needed to read the book or rent the DVD, because it was life changing. I listened to her for about 10 minutes as she went on and on about the book. Months went on and a friend of mine who recently returned from Spain, bought the book at an airport bookstore, to read during the flight. We were talking about a possible job for me in Grand Junction, Colorado, and she told me that I need to think positive and I will get the job. She finished the conversation by saying, "You need to read The Secret. It is life changing." What a profound statement. I mean it's one thing to come from Oprah, but to come from a friend who I know and trust, is a little different. Of course I didn't go out and get the book or even think about buying it. But about two weeks later, I went home to Tucson and sure enough, the book was sitting on the side of my mother's bed. I asked her if I could borrow the book and told her about my friend who told me to read it. I took the book home with me and finished it yesterday. I have to tell you they were right.

I see how I have been attracting things into my life that I never thought had anything to do with me. So now I am thinking and feeling different about the way things happen to me. I am aware of my feelings and thoughts, more than ever before. I am confident that I am going to get the job that fits me best. I have an interview on Wednesday with the Arizona Senate, to be a reporter/producer, for the Arizona Legislative Broadcast Group. I hear about another job in Grand Junction tomorrow or Friday. I cannot tell you how happy I am. How hard I have been working and the whole time I thought, why? Why am I not getting a job? Why doesn't anyone give me a chance? I know that I can do it! I know that I am great! I know that I have what it takes!

It was because I was keeping myself down. I am telling you read the book, The Secret. I assure you- it will have a impact on how you look at your life and how you feel about your life's situations. It did for me.
For now I am waiting to get the call offering me the job... I will let you all know when I am packing up and moving out.

No comments: