Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Suspense Is Killing Me

I find out today or tomorrow about the reporting job in Colorado... and I am so anxious!

I have to admit that I have not been watching the news lately. Which is weird for me considering I am a news junkie. I am always wanting to know what is going on in my city and around the world. But "news people" watch the news in a completely different way then the "average" person. What I mean is, when I watch the news I focus on voices, packages, live shots, how the anchor looks and sounds. Not to criticize, but to learn. I find a reporter and/or anchor that I like and I try my best to learn how they do what they do.


I am a huge fan of Kaley O'Kelley (ABC 15). She is the weather personality, but she used to host Sonoran Living Live, when I started at ABC. She has such a charisma about her that I would watch her intensely when the show was on and try to figure out how she was so comfortable talking to the guests (no matter the subject). What I realized is Kaley would just act like herself. Bubbly, full of energy, and excited for whatever the story was, and that made her and the show great. When I started out reporting, I used to write down questions, spend hours talking out loud, working on my voice, and now I just go where the interviewee takes me. If I get stumped... I revert back to Kaley, and pull out my personality. I too am bubbly, outgoing, full of energy, and it just feels right.

So while I wait to hear the job news... I'll try to watch more news, so when the call comes I am ready! And my personality will pull me through.

http://abc15.com

No comments: