Friday, December 7, 2007

What's Going On?

Did any one watch the "Most Fascinating People" last night? I hate to admit it... I actually missed it, but I have heard who made the list and who was the Most Fascinating of 2007. And my thoughts on the list are a little mixed. I mean I haven't even read a Harry Potter book (maybe I am crazy, but I have to schedule reading in these days. So if I am going to read a book, it has to at least be informational) and the author, JK Rowling was the most fascinating??

I just felt like the list could have been a little more, shall I say, interesting. I was expecting the list to include two of the Presidential Hopefuls, Obama and Hillary Clinton. Instead, Bill made the list? And the Beckham's... very interesting, if you are into the celebrity gossip and paparazzi thing (sadly I am). But, are they really all that fascinating?

My hopes for the list... I wanted to see a teenager who was saving his/her allowance for the starving children in Africa. Or the teacher in Sudan who is being sentenced to 40 slashes for naming a stuffed bear Muhammad. Maybe I am being harsh, I just wanted a little more depth. There are millions of fascinating people in the world, who are not the stars of Grey's Anatomy or Don Imus, a radio host who offend an entire basketball team. I just wanted to see someone else make the list with something truly fascinating to offer! Just a thought, give me yours...

No comments: