Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ain't Life Grand?

Life has an unusual way of working it’s self out. I find that sometimes everything goes according to plan; I am on-top of the world, thanking my lucky stars. But then there are some, more than I would like, occasions when everything derails and catches me completely off guard. That is when it dawned on me I have learned my life lesson number…2,675. Not an exact number but I feel there are about 100 per year of my life, the other 675, just added them for fun. As you all know I have been trying relentlessly to land my “dream” reporting job. I have spent hundreds of dollars, took internships after my college graduation to gain additional experience, making $2 an hour, and created a website to sell myself even more. I have poured all my efforts and energies into getting a job that would not only fulfill me, but make my parents and family proud.
Well this story is not about my pity, it actually has a different purpose all together. The internship I was working at offered my a full-time position. It is not exactly what I had hoped for when I accepted my diploma in front of thousands of people last year, but it’s something. Now I have begun thinking more about the path that I have taken. Maybe broadcasting for a news station is NOT my destiny. Maybe I had to take an internship to gain this knowledge… or maybe this is just a transitional stepping stone for me. I don’t know. But I do know that whatever the reason, I am learning to take things as they arise. To think that I almost turned down the internship in hopes of a job in Colorado, but I stuck it out and now things are coming together. I feel like for once I can breathe and have finally made the transition from college student, to unemployed, to full-time reporter for Arizona Capitol Television. Life is funny! I guess the moral is, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.”

If you want to check out my website... KristinaSawicki.com

No comments: