Sunday, June 1, 2008

An Amazing Experience @ the Track

I just finished filming on Friday, for another story and what an adventure I had! The story is about teen drivers/ drag racing and how to race legally and safely in Arizona. It was amazing!!! I went out to Firebird International Raceway in Phoenix and there I was treated to all the in’s and out’s of driving like a pro.

First I enjoyed the teen driving course, at the Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving, where I was passenger in a skid car, raced down the track at about 100 MPH in a Corvette and got to drive my own little two-seater convertible. Then, I headed over to the track for Friday Night Drag. It was a free for all drag race, equipped with some of the fastest muscle cars, sports cars and motorcycles with racers from all walks of life. One car actually got over 132 MPH in about 11 seconds! I actually raced down the track myself, in a 2008 Mustang GT, hitting around 100 MPH in about 14 seconds. It had to have been one of my best life experiences to date. Needless to say, I overcame a fear of mine and had a blast while doing it. I am going to finish up the story this week and hope to have it posted by Friday. I cannot wait to share my amazing experience…

No comments: